Why start blogging?

Answer..someone told me to! I was complaining of having too much free time and so, was told I should write a blog. So this is the result..most of it will be random goings on and some will be so I can look back on my time in Canada and actually remember some of it..(which is a good thing as I have a woeful memory!) And its been a great experience living here. Its been hard at times but the good moments definitely out weight the hard moments:)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

...catch up...

so i have neglected to write anything for a couple of days..but i really should write something because already i'm struggling to remember what i did the last couple of days..is it normal for someones short term memory to be so bad..

i watched finding nemo today..dory is my hero:)

right so-Friday
so the exciting thing for friday was going to cookstown to pick up the yaris. Jeanine said i could borrow their car while they were gone to NEXT. so it was exciting, the idea of having a car for the weekend:) the one drawback..95% of the people i know in canada were also gone to NEXT...

So after picking up the car it was off to Hamiliton for Lydia's friends suprise birthday party. It was fun hearing lydia's college stories:) I got the task of driving home...we got a touch lost but we eventually made it home:)
Note: i don't like driving at night and i need to learn to pay more attention to road signs!

Saturday:
I tried to think of somewhere exciting to go considering i had a car..I went to walmart..FAIL!
i can't remember what i did for the rest of the day on saturday..ah well

Sunday:
Church was good..quiet..but good. Heard a great message from..i can't remember the guys name (shocker i know) but it was really good. It was about the importance of preaching the gospel clearly.
It was Samson's birthday:) so lots of birthday lovings for him.
I went to the cinema to watch Letters to Juliet. Really good romantic comedy:)

Monday:
..........................................blank...........................what did i do............ah well..swiftly moving on..

Tuesday:
Joined the library in bradford, then realised that i know diddly squat about books because i don't read books very often (or more accurately..not at all) so ended up reading magazines for most of the time i was there...Library fail! But i did take out two books so hopefully i can limit my time spent watching tv and use my time more effectively..well that's the plan!

weather is still so nice:) i like sunshine!




1 comment:

  1. haha i don't think reading nicholas sparks counts as using your time effectively. But that could just be me. lol
    I missss you! I can't wait to tell you about NEXT and make you listen to all the sermons with me! Love you!
    PS - Your sermon on Sunday was Matt Chandler "A Shepherd and His Unregenerate Sheep" -I listened to it before we went, it was a really good sermon, eh? *note correct use of "eh"*
    "I like women....I have one!" ahaha that part was funny.

    ReplyDelete